I thought that I would bring to your attention British Naturism's new efforts to claim back the beaches for naturists & nudists due to "a big growth of overt sexual activity in recent years."
So they came up with a Naturist Beach Code, so if you're not a member here are the suggestions that appear in the latest magazine ( BN 172 Summer 2007 ):
Naturist Beach Code
Naturists don't need this code, but not everyone knows how to be a naturist.
- Only the dress code is different
- Avoid being a nuisance
- Respect people's space
- Do not be an exhibitionist
- Avoid confronting or approaching textiles
- Any sexual activity is just as unwelcome and just as criminal as in any other public place
- Naturist are a trusting and trustworthy bunch, but the criminals know that so safeguard your valuables
- Always report crime
In England and Wales, naturism in appropriate places is legal, but breaches of the code can be offences and penalties in recent years have included fines. ASBOs, imprisonment and lifetime bans from all naturist beaches. Naturist use of the beach will also be put at risk.
Who to phone:
999 - Crime in progress or person in danger
For further information go to the Campaigning section of the British Naturism's website ( www.british-naturism.org.uk ).
Enjoy your beach and the sun !